Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Polishing and Restoring ALCOAS
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2009, 11:06 PM   #13
jwasnewski

Hey Tom. Your floor looks great. It should stay together without issues.

I have tried about everything on the market on aluminum, except Black Magic. I stumbled upon SimiChrome in my earlier days when I was a lot crazier than I am now. I used to do aerobatics in a 1946 Globe Swift, Polished aluminum. I used Never Dull, Mothers and others and it worked me to death, nearly. Of course I polished the Swift under a Black light. Picky. I also found that SimiChrome's claim of leaving a protective film is accurate. In the foggy SoCal mornings leaving the basin on instruments acidic polluted water would streak the newly polished plane. I would then have to touch up polish when I got where I was going. After using SimiChrome I found a damp cloth removed the residue as the moisture did not attach the aluminum. Time saved, more time between polishings. More time for beer.

I just applied F-21 polmer to half of my coach today, an annual affair. I wiped down the wheels with a damp cloth and noted a slight amount of activity beginning. I polished my wheels last June. I will do them again this week. As a side note, when I was boring holes in the sky I purchased a case of SimiChrome, that was in the late 80's, early 90's. I am still working on the last can. It should last another 2 years or so. I also used those same cans to restore the plastic face guard on speedometer clusters of old late 60's and early 70's Mopar's. It works on plexiglass and lexan also. I use it on the annodized aluminum awning covers and chrome on my coach. While it will not polish the annodized awnign covers it keeps them clean longer. It will work on flat surface tail lights as long as the oxidation is on the outside. All the crud an little scratches vanish. I have a full set of 90 Bluebird tail and back up lights off my LED conversion that look new, restored with SimiChrome; stored just in case some future owner wants the original set up. Just be careful not to get it hot when working on plastic.

See ya , sorry it took so long.
Royale Conversion
jwasnewski is offline   Reply With Quote