Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Introduction and Questions
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 02:04 PM   #1
l.halkias

Default Introduction and Questions

Hello,

My name is Lee Halkias and I am new to the forum. I have previously owned a 38' Country Coach and am the current owner of my second 40' Foretravel, which I am very happy with from a quality standpoint. I am presently full timing and am enjoying that. I have considered buying a Prevost conversion or a Newell several times and have decided that if I do make the switch, it will be to a Newell. While I am in a position to pay cash for a coach, maintenance and repair costs are important to me, so I am interested in reliability. I am not particularly hung up on slides; one of my Foretravels has a hydraulic slide with the flush profile and the air bladder, as discussed in the forum.

I have potentially found a late '90s 45 foot Newell with 1 slide, which I have not seen in person yet. I am a fan of keeping it simple, so am somewhat leary of making the switch to a larger all electric and more complex coach. As previously stated, I'm familiar with the slide mechanism, but a floor mechanism that raises and lowers scares me somewhat. Some of my Foretravel rally friends have previously owned Newells and I have talked to several current owners. I am well aware of Newell's build quality and good reputation.

So, I have two questions:

Any comments on the slide floor mechanism?

And what is your experience with an all electric coach from the standpoint of staying in some RV parks where only 30 amp power is available?

I welcome your comments and will appreciate your perspective.

Thank you very much. Regards, Lee
l.halkias is offline   Reply With Quote