Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Electrical problems
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2012, 11:37 PM   #1
encantotom

Default Electrical problems

hi all,

this morning i went out and caulked the passenger side windows and when i was done went inside and saw that the 120v power was off. it was blowing the house circuit breaker. i had heard arcing in the transfer switch panel before and it was on my list to investigate. guess that was today.

in one of the bays was a new auto transfer switch that was left from the previous owner so they must have anticipated problems.

power worked with the generator but not with the house power.

so, i changed out the transfer switch. that fixed the power not staying on and blowing breakers but now the xantrex prosine 3.0 inverter charger has a hard fault and says error 195, total system shutdown.

the error code says it might be a result of a short that burned out traces on the control board for the prosine or might be something else and to call xantrex. i called a local xantrex repair center and they said they cannot repair the 3.0 and it has to be sent back to xantrex. in addition, they dont make a 12v version anymore, only a 24v.

so, think i found a used one for 1400, new ones are not 12v. online you cant find alot of good to say about xantrex saying they dont help much.

i will call them on monday to see if there is a way to reset the error or check for it. i suspect the short in the transfer switch caused a problem with the inverter charger.

while i was doing it, the compartment was rusty and yukky so i sanded it down, primered and repainted it, polished the stainless panel on the front.

now i just have to figure out the inverter.

gee, i wonder if anything else can go wrong...

pictures of the compartment after being redone below.

if anyone has any wisdom on the inverter charger, let me know.

tom
Attached Images

https://www.newellclassic.com/forum/album.php?albumid=8
encantotom is offline   Reply With Quote