Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Turbo/Alternator interference
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2008, 03:15 PM   #2
Richard and Rhonda

Hi Butch,

I have a 95 with a similar setup. If yours is like mine you can see a pretty wide range of adjustment on the tensioning bolt for the alternator.

My first approach would be to take the belts off and see if the alternator can be moved so it doesn't rub. Then go buy some Gates green stripe belts to fit.

If that doesn't work for you, then you might look at some slight repositioning of the air flow piping. As you can see it is a number of straight steel pieces connected by short pieces of silicone flex. You may be able to loosen the hose clamps. One of those new fangled ratcheting wrenches in 10 mm is a god send for this. Also if yours is like mine, the piping is clamped to a frame mounted bracket right there at the alternator.

I had to play with this recently when I removed the AC compressor. It was easier to take some of the air intake piping out of the way to work on the compressor. I did notice that when I put it back together that with all the joints that the system has many degrees of freedom, so it is kind of a free form exercise to get it back in place.

Now, it none of that works. Drive the bus up to your local big truck shop. They should have an assortment of intake hoses, pipes, elbows, and clamps to fix you up.

Let us know how it works out for you.
CoMotion Tandem
Often wrong, but seldom in doubt
Rhonda's chronicle https://wersquared.wordpress.com/
Richard and Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote