Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Tech Talk Archives 14
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 05:05 AM   #69
Neweller

Q
1919 1/28/2006 9:48:25 PM 1/29/2006 Eddie Huffstetter EddieHuffstetter@hotmail.com Tech Talk - Thanks! I really appreciate the entire site, especially the History and TechTalk. I am the owner of a 1966 StreamLine and it was wonderful to see my coach on the history legacy page. My thanks to Tom Patterson for his web-site that ultimately brought me into Newell. Twenty years ago, the story I got was that Mr. Newell wanted Streamline to custom build a luxery coach for him and their refusal led to the challenge, buy the company and build it yourself. Anyway, I liked the story and it doesn't really matter does it? [Editor's note: The story of Mr. Newell buying the motorhome division of Streamline in 1967 is essentially true. However, it was not because Streamline refused to build a coach for Mr. Newell. Streamline actually built the coach, and Mr. Newell took delivery. But according to legend (and perhaps true), Mr. Newell commented critically to Streamline's owner regarding certain aspects of his new Steamline coach. Streamline's owner responded, "If you are so smart, why don't you just buy my motorhome division." As they say, the rest is history, ironically with Streamline staying in the trailer business until about 1972 when they went broke.]
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote