Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Macerator pump and overide switch
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2011, 05:22 AM   #2
encantotom

ok, i will try to explain this.

1. macerator. it is a poo pump. i have one and use it frequently. it allows you to empty your poo tank into a sewer drainout. i use the one in front of my house. you hook a hose (i suggest dedicated) to the valve in the wet bay coming off the poo tank, and you may or may not have a valve, then the switch turns on the macerator grindage pump to grind up the waste and pump it through the hose. i use gray 3/4" hose i bought just for it. i can do my tank in 10-15 min. it is handy to dump instead of finding a dumping spot. btw, it is a powerful pump and you can spray poo grindage a longgg way if you are not careful.

2. merge switch. 3 positions. this controls merging the two sets of batteries and which set controls the solenoid to do the merging. middle is both sets of batteries (house and engine) separate. up and down will both merge both banks of batteries. the only difference is which set of batteries provides the voltage to flip the solenoid to merge the two banks. you ask why be able to do it both ways? one set of batteries powers the genny and one the coach engine. (plus other stuff). if the house batteries are dead and the genny wont start, you can merge the batteries and use the engine batteries to start the genny. vice versa. in the other position you can use the house batteries to start the coach engine if those are dead. there is much more to this and if you do a search on this site you will find out why else to use it.

3. override switch. this is essentially the switch to override the ddec from shutting off your engine if it has detected an overheat condition. at first the orange light will come on the dash and then the red one and then you have seconds to either pull over or use the overide switch to give you a little more time and hope you dont toast the engine.

4. compressor. you will have a 110v compressor somewhere. in mine it is in the compartment in front of the drivers front wheel. in others in the genny area, in others in other bays. if will maintain air pressure when parked and not on engine air. you need air for a variety of things as i am sure your know. you have to be plugged in or on genny power for it to work.

i am sure someone else can be more eloquent so i look for clarifications by others.

tom

https://www.newellclassic.com/forum/album.php?albumid=8
encantotom is offline   Reply With Quote