Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Aqua hot
Thread: Aqua hot
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2013, 02:53 AM   #11
afrench45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yachts View Post
Auto gen start.. Where can one find this wonderful invention? Newell do them?
No, Newell will not install them. They said they have had issues with them starting while in customers storages and smoked the coach out (mine actually malfunctioned and did so, luckily I was working in my shop that day). I had a local rv dealer here install one on my coach (he knows prevost though, does Featherlite warranty work). It has been a hassle getting it hooked up properly.. I had to use the generic model because I had a prosine inverter and they did not make one for it. However my new inverter is a magnum and they make an auto gen start specifically for magnum inverters.
Mine auto gen start unit is a Magnum ME-AGS-S. They mounted it in my kitchen cabinet next to the microwave and wired it into the switch in the galley.
The problems I have experienced with mine, is that it was mounted to high in the cabinet, so It was getting heat from the roof and engaging the generator to start. I lowered it in my cabinet and seems to work now.
The main reason I got a auto gen start was for my dog inside. I didnt want to lose power like I have before and she be stuck in there with no air.
Magnum Inverters - Magnum Energy ME-AGS-S, Auto Generator Start Module, Automatic Generator Start
afrench45 is offline   Reply With Quote