Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - LED Tail Lights, Stop Lights and Turn Signals
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2008, 03:48 PM   #6
encantotom

i thought i would update everyone with part numbers for these lights.
i converted my rear tail/turn/stop to LED's and the part numbers are as follows:

Dialight 80 Series 801-31RB 31 led'S, 100K hour lifetime (RED)

The turn signals are:
Dialight 80 Series 801-31AB (Amber)

i also replaced all my red and amber marker lights top and bottom, front and rear with LED versions as well. they are Dialight Series 45

in addition i have square turn/stop/tail lights that stick out mounted in front of the front windows right before the front cap about 3 feet high that are about 4" square. Red facing back and amber facing front. i know none of the 91 and up coaches have them, but the later ones might. i replaced them with LED versions as well. Grote 5530 and 5540's. (Left and Right)

for the dialight ones, they came with misc plugs on them so at least what i did and i know what michael did was to cut the plugs off and hard wire them in. the same for the marker lights. (on mine the marker lights were already hard wired in).

by far the hardest to do were the marker lights. they are all silconed in and the you have to break the old ones to get them out by pulling on them with a hook tool. you also have to make sure you wire them in right or the diodes wont work. so, i tested each one to make sure it worked before i siliconed it back in. generous amounts of silicone to make sure they dont leak in those recessed areas. a few of them that were mounted on the sides of the coach at eye level were survface mounted and they were the easiest. the ones that were recessed on the front and end caps and along the top were the least fun. it took me a while, but he results are pretty dramatic with all the lights being led now.

i paid 250 dollars for the 6 red and 2 amber series 80 combined.

i paid 104 dollars for the pair of Grotes

i paid ten dollars apiece for the red and amber marker lights. i believe i have 24 of them if i remember right.

later

tom

https://www.newellclassic.com/forum/album.php?albumid=8
encantotom is offline   Reply With Quote