Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - adding a roof air
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2009, 11:00 PM   #5
encantotom

i had looked into adding a 3rd roof air before. i was going to put it in where ti put the new fantastic fan. then i just didnt.

late last year i called newell and was able to get a set of the blueprints for the coach. they are the normal top and side views with some details.

it showed a framed out hole in front of the fridge marked future air conditioner. sure enough, i went out into the coach and felt the frame in the ceiling.

i looked in the power panel and there was a romex tucked up in the power panel marked future air. so that put me over the edge.

so, with the framing already in place and the wiring pre run, it was way easier than it would have been without.

i bought my coleman mach15 15k btu roof air complete with inside grill and mounting kit for 640 bucks delivered to my house. it was on ebay and ended up being about 300 bucks cheaper or more than camping world. it was at my house in less than a week from the time i bought and paid for it on ebay.

my neighbors have confirmation i am nuts. like "what are you cutting a hole in the roof for?"

glad i did it. it will make a huge difference this summer.

i am hoping my to do list will start to subside, but doesnt seem to be.

later

tom

https://www.newellclassic.com/forum/album.php?albumid=8
encantotom is offline   Reply With Quote