Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - toilet mounting lag screws holes stripped in floors repair
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2012, 09:08 PM   #1
encantotom

Default toilet mounting lag screws holes stripped in floors repair

hi all,

i have two lf-210 microphor toilets.

the one in my rear bath was scooting around the floor. so michael and i took it off saturday to see why. i expected the worse, but good news is the floor was great under the toilet. the toilet is held down with 4 lag screws through the floor and they were stripped out.

out comes the plast-aid. i filled the holes with it and sprayed wd40 on the lag screws and put them in the holes with the plast-aid. it totally cures in 15 minutes so after 5-10 minutes i back them out.

then i sprayed them again and put them back in the hole then i built up about 3/8's of an inch around each lag screw. there is granite on the floor and they had cut a 1" wide strip out of the granite from the front to the back of the toilet to make it easier to mount. so i basically built up the floor where the screw holes were to the height of the granite.

i have to say i am very impressed. it worked incredibly.

now i have a couple of dried out 0 rings on the vacuum breaker i need to replace and i should be good to go.

plast-aid rules.

tom

https://www.newellclassic.com/forum/album.php?albumid=8
encantotom is offline   Reply With Quote