Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - 1982 Newell 38' Classic No Brake Lights!
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2009, 06:35 PM   #2
fulltiming

I am certainly not as familiar with the Classics as the Series 2000's but from your description it sounds like the brake light issue is not a cruise control issue, although the cruise control issue could potentially be tied to your brake light issue. You have separate turn signals (amber) which are also the emergency flashers. The turn signals are a totally separate circuit from the brake lights. You are correct that the brake light switch is triggered by the brake pedal pressure. This switch also cancels the cruise control. The brake lights are on a separate circuit than the turn signals. For example on my coach front terminal board, terminal 7 is the right rear turn signal, 8 is the left rear turn signal (11 and 12 are left and right front turn signals) and 19 is the brake lights. You should have a separate fuse for the brake lights (fuse 3 on mine).

I would start looking for a fuse for the brake lights to confirm it is good. You can substitute a fuse from a circuit you know works to see if the brake lights return. The brake lights are live all the time. They are not wired through the ignition switch.

I really suspect a relay problem since you have power at the pressure switch. I have a brake relay on my front terminal panel and another on my rear terminal panel. If you can find your brake relay(s), make sure it or they are working.
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
8V92 DDEC-2, HT740
PT Cruiser GT with Remco Transmission Pump
https://newellowner.com/newell-photos/
fulltiming is offline   Reply With Quote