Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Intro to group
Thread: Intro to group
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2011, 10:46 PM   #3
afrench45

Hi Dan,
Any Newell you purchase, you will be more than happy with. Steve hit most of the points about the differences in the 2000 models that I know of, but a few I could think of, I know in 2001 the tag axel is different than pre 01 coaches. I don't know any specifics, but the wheels are different? Another thing, some in 2000 and for sure in 01' is the Bode air door was introduced. My 02' was ordered without it, so it is a completely custom option but most coaches after 01 are equipped with them. I know in 2000-2001 automatic shades become alot more popular inside the coach.
My coach is the bath and a half model and I wouldnt trade it for anything. I have two kids that travel with us, so it is a perfect layout for a family. We also use our coach for tailgating, and the half bath works perfect for guests. The bedroom can be closed off by an air pocket door, from the front of the coach, but the half bath is still accessible for whomever needs to use it.
In the year model range you specified all of the coaches would have a 60 series, which I really enjoy. The 500hp gets you wherever you need with plenty of power. I tend to drive a little on the fast side..around 76-78mph and average about 6 mpg. I know if I drove 60mph I would get alot better fuel economy. Newell does an excellent job though chroming out the 60 series and making it look like new.
You mentioned that you could not see much difference other than colors in coaches. A good example, is my neighbor owns coach #621, and the two are nothing alike. Even though they are only 9 coaches apart, they are completely different. All of our electronics are different, switches are in different places, and even the slides are in different places. There are somethings that Newell does use on all coaches, but sometimes it even comes down to the instrument cluster!
Steve also mentioned about going to the factory. I couldn't agree more with him. You will soon learn, that no two coaches are alike, and they are 100% custom.

Looking for a Newell is the most exciting part! Take your time and the right one will come along.
afrench45 is offline   Reply With Quote