Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - 1991 Repo purchased
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 03:38 PM   #1
cdat

Default 1991 Repo purchased

Well, for better or worse the credit union that was "auctioning" off the 91 repo'd Newell called us yesterday to state they were ending the auction and did we still want the coach as we were the high bidders. We did agree to purchase the coach and went down and put the deposit down to seal the deal. We know have too wait a couple of weeks while they get the coach to the glass shop to replace both front windshields and the one side window that was broken.
Did we overpay at $31k, maybe, the interior of the coach is in great shape, the exterior looks good, no noticeable rust on the chassis that I was able to find, nor rust on the exterior. I did take all the manuals and paperwork home with me and went thru most of it last nite. The coach appears to have had 3 previous owners, with myself as the 4th. The gentleman who was foreclosed upon for never having made a payment, well he might have not been creditworthy, but he did keep receipts and notes about any work he had done on the bus during the year or so he owned it. There are also receipts for maintenance that was done by the 2nd owner, but nothing from the first. The paperwork includes the original blueprints, etc. It does appear that all scheduled maintenance was done, even by that last owner. Receipts for oil changes, chassis lubes, etc are among the paperwork.
One of many questions I do have, the previous owner had the engine water pump replaced, if there was a water pump problem, how likely is it that the engine was overheated, or does the auto shut off prevent that from happening?
Our plan now is once we take actual possession of the coach is to take it to DD repair place, have all the fluids changed, belts changed, etc, and have the mechanics thoroughly inspect the chassis, brakes, air system etc. I will be doing my own maint in the future, just want a trained eye to do the initial, figure they are more likely to spot potential problems.
I'm sure I will have many, many questions in the weeks ahead, really appreciate the help I've gotten so far.
The coach paperwork lists the coach as #255, but haven't had a chance to verify this on the actual coach.

Thanks
John
cdat is offline   Reply With Quote