Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Mileage loss when towing
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2011, 02:29 AM   #13
tuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryweikart View Post
I just had a presentation given me by the distributor of a lp injection system for diesel engines. They claim 3 more mpg on a series 60, 100hp increase in power, cleaner emissions and a 50 cents per gallon, alternative fuel, tax CREDIT! I talked to Coker Fuel, in Sebring, Fl. about their experience on the trucks they use with this system and they attest to the claims made by the Dist. as being true. Evidently the Europeans have been using this system for quite some time. I use our coach in our business and travel approx 15000 mi per yr with a 24,000 lb trailer in tow. At $1300 installed, my payback would not take long. I find it very interesting and am seeking any additional info that may be helpful.
Larry,

Is LP as accessible as diesel fuel for the average motorhomer?

Do most truck stops sell LP?

I remember a few years back that my cousin purchased a Gulf Stream motorhome that had a LP generator. The MH had a diesel engine. My cousin said he had a tough time actually buying LP when he wanted it; either the LP tank was padlocked or the LP service guy was at lunch or something like that.

Does anyone have any first hand experience with purchasing LP?

Are 18 wheelers converting to LP?
Coach #512
2005 Pilot
tuga is offline   Reply With Quote