Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Repairing electric shore power reel?
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2012, 08:19 PM   #6
NEWELLWIZARD

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuga View Post
Mike,

From time to time I have this problem. What happens with my cord is it gets twisted, and when it gets twisted it jambs and the Glendinning unit will stop. There is nothing wrong with the unit, the cord just needs to be untwisted.

I extend mine out about 20 or 30 feet and let it retract on its own. If it jambs, I uncoil it a few feet and then begin recoiling again. Eventually it coils itself back up correctly in the bay and everything works again. Sometimes I have to extend the entire 55' and let it recoil the way it wants to.
Thanks for your help and thoughts. I'm going to give this a try first and cross my fingers it's just twisted up. I thought if anything I would figure out how to fix it myself. I don't know what the replacement cost is and I'd much rather repair it myself and if all it takes is uncoiling it a few feet even fully extending it and that does the trick. Then my pocket book can go untouched. For now, anyway!
NEWELLWIZARD is offline   Reply With Quote