Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Red Light Polarity Issue at British Columbia Camp Ground
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2010, 06:39 PM   #13
RussWhite

Tuga,

As a matter of fact, I have had a very similar experience. I purchased my Newell in Phoenix and stopped at the factory on the way east. The inverter never inverted a lick from the day I got it. That was not a deal breaker and I did not worry much about it at the time. I did mention it to the techs at the factory and they gave me the disconnect the batteries and wait as a possible action to get it going. I did better than that, I had the coach batteries replaced while I was there. So, no batteries for hours and then new fully charged batteries. Well, the inverter still refused to make any AC while continuing to charge just fine. I pulled it out and drove to a great inverter repair service just north of Nashville in a little city called White House. In nothing flat, and just as I was settling down for a long wait, the guy announced there is nothing wrong with my inverter. This I have got to see so he shows me this huge bank of glowing red resistor heaters and a wattage output of just over 2200 watts. I stand there in amazement. He asks what remote I use to control the inverter and I reply the Link 2000. Ah, he says, that's your problem! So I haul her home and do a temporary install with the Link 2000 unplugged and drop the AC and it inverts like crazy running everything I turn on. I then plug in the Link 2000 and it won't invert anymore. My Link 2000 I traced out and it is fed from the chassis batteries. So I disconnected it completely, reconnected and set all the parameters correctly for my situation - 6 house 8D batteries and crossed my fingers. Success - works now like it is supposed to. So my additional suggestion would be to make sure all power is removed from the inverter controller allowing it a chance to reset and make sure all the parameters are correct. And as a simpler test, just unplug the remote and select local control at the inverter and see if that gets it going.
RussWhite is offline   Reply With Quote