Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Adjusting rear ride height
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2011, 03:51 PM   #2
prairieschooner

Tuga,
On our '82 the lower end of the Linkage has a few holes to allow for adjusting the ride height. If yours doesn't have this maybe you could simply modify the Linkage between the Axle Mount and the Leveling Valve. If you want a picture I can send one next time that I get to the coach or better still maybe Clarke can take a picture of his and post it (the '82s should be similar)

When we purchased our '82 the left rear would not come to ride height, some of you may remember (Tom and Michael were very helpful).
Newell did not have a schematic for the pneumatic system so I had to draw my own. At any rate the problem was the Linkage Arm. The Linkage at the Axle Mount was damaged and Lower Bushing was missing. I played Mr. Blacksmith to reshape the Linkage Arm and used a piece of Gasoline Fuel Hose for the Bushing as a temporary repair but after 3 years of service it is as good as the other side.
1982 Newell 38' (built before #1) 6V92 DD, 5 Speed Allison, 12.5 KW Kohler, Couch used to make into a Bed but I fixed it!
https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=214
2007 Yukon, 1981 CJ7 Laredo, 2002 Honda CRV, 1955 Thunderbird, 1952 Pontiac Sedan Delivery, 1952 Ford 8N, 1958 Airstream, 1959 Glasspar 16' Avalon, Cabin in the Woods........what will I work on next
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
prairieschooner is offline   Reply With Quote