Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Central Vacuum who has installed one ?
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2012, 07:08 PM   #2
pairodice

We had one in two of our coaches (Foretravels) and my wife loved it! These were the types with the loooong hose and a central covered hole in the wall to plug the hose in. The vacuum contraption that makes all the noise was down in the basement so it was very quiet. We have one in the home we are renting in WA that has a long hose also BUT the thing my wife really loves is this slot that is under the cabinet in the kitchen. She can sweep stuff near to the slot and then kick a toggle to open the slot and turn on the vacuum - she just sweeps the dirt into the slot. Very nice. I will install one of these in our next coach.
I found the floor attachment on Google search for 'vacpan' - there is also a version that looks like an A/C heat floor register... about $30 each but you only really need one in the kitchen area and a wall-hose attachment for the rest of the coach carpet.
The unit in the home is a All Canadian Vacuum ACV, it is a really big unit downstairs but it's for a whole home. I imagine you could just buy the kick to open slot. there is a model on their website that is 26" high by 12" wide Model 116311 - this would work... There is a Eureka CV140 on Amazon for $107 that has 1 good review and it is small - 14.5" x 7"
BTW, don't waste your money on the RugRat or whatever they call it - it is powered by the air through the hose... does not work worth a flip

pairodice is offline   Reply With Quote