Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Hello All
Thread: Hello All
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2013, 01:13 AM   #12
chockwald

If it has been sitting for 10 years there are a lot of things you will need to do before you even get to the price. It will more than likely need new batteries, and it will, for sure, need new tires. Unless something was added to the fuel when it was stored 10 years ago to stabilize the fuel you may have to have what is left in the tank pumped out. You will need to change the fuel filters, have the tank checked for algae, have samples drawn of the oil, coolant and transmission fluid and sent to a lab to be checked. You will need to have the fan belts changed, the air bags and the air system checked for leaks, and all the running gear lubed. Mechanical things need to be used, and run, and if they are not, as in this case, there can be a lot that has gone wrong. If everything checks out (oil, coolant and transmission fluid) and you can get it running you can probably count of spending $10,000+ on problems that may have developed while it was sitting for 10 years....that is after you have spent a couple thousand on tires, and a few hundred more on batteries. If you have to replace the fuel, then probably another $700 to fill the tank. The same applies to the generator.

I'm not trying to scare you off, just being realistic. I don't think you would want to spend anymore than $15,000, and plan to put at least that amount again into the coach. If you are mechanically inclined you can do a lot of this yourself, and that may make this coach a good deal for you.

I would rather buy a coach with 200,000 miles on it that has been driven on a regular basis.
2002 Thunderbird Retro
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Cannondale F600
2 Terra Trike Tadpoles
Intense 5.5 mountain bike
ALBUM: https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=213
chockwald is offline   Reply With Quote