Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Use of Super Singles in the RV Market
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 07:49 PM   #5
Neweller

Jon, that is a very rational observation of thought. The subject came up on here a few years ago and their are folks interested in them. Since cost of starting out with them is relatively the same as running a set of duals, we are starting to see many tour and over the road buses running them. I have heard gains from Prevost fleet owners of a 6-8% savings on fuel, but like you said it may not pay off for the guy that don't run the miles.

I noticed at the last Nascar race I attended there were at least three racers running them on their Prevost conversions and those were all slide units. I believe they are very stable running 20 ply's. They could be a tad stiffer, but with air suspension you are not going to know. One driver had told me he felt it to be a more tuned ride. I was thinking I posted a picture on here with them installed on a newer Prevost. We will have to compare the load capacities and see if that is currently any kind of issue.
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote