Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - So, you want to know about Newell owners
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2009, 01:14 AM   #1
Richard and Rhonda

Default So, you want to know about Newell owners

You know, I've had a few minutes to reflect on the rally we had in Austin, and at the risk of someone singing "Feelings", I want to comment on my thoughts.

Although I have been an active member of this board for over a year, and I had formed favorable impressions of many of the posters, one still has to wonder what the person will be like in real life. I am happy to say that the people I met at this rally were genuine. There was no pretense, no snootiness, and no one upmanship. You could also draw the impression that the posters are for the most part a bunch of gearheads. I am also happy to say that the conversations covered the gamut. Yes, there was plenty of time to get some nuts and bolts work in, but there were many many conversations that had nothing to do with Newells, RV's, or the price of diesel. I wish that I had had more time to spend with the group. What I did find is that the spirit of helping one another ran true and deep.

The whole busnuts/Karl Blade episode is what got me thinking about this. There have been several threads of late on other forums that made all kinds of assumptions about the owners of Prevosts, Newells, and other of the same ilk. My point is that I don't find it to be true. The people I met were open, friendly, and lacking pretense.

I hope that the new owners find this post, and I hope that potential owners find it also. I realize that I'm gushing on about an event that not all could attend, but hopefully we will reconvene in person next summer or sooner, and you too, will get to make some new friends.
CoMotion Tandem
Often wrong, but seldom in doubt
Rhonda's chronicle https://wersquared.wordpress.com/
Richard and Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote