Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - 2002 Newell 4 Slide in Knoxville
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 04:43 AM   #13
darstlawfirm

FWD: I just wanted to give you a heads up on the 2002 quad slide newell in knoxville Tn. If you could pass this on to the membership, it might save members from a long trip and wasted travel money like i just spent. I am familliar with newells as my father owned a 2004. I drove there last nite and met with Rob at dealership this morning. Spent the day there. This newell is with out a doubt, the worst shape motorhome i have ever seen of any type. There is delamination that you can put your fingers through on all four slides upper and lower skins. All 4 slide seals are not funtional. Two seals are completly MISSING, and torn off. Coach has not been aired up in a year or plugged in, so you can imagine the flood damage. Water pouring in everywhere Black mold on all interior walls creeping up three feet or more by drivers seat, under dining table, in bedroom, and on all floors, under all wallpaper. Wood rot on most walls and under all slide floors. Water intrusion in celiing from gen stack leak. ALL Batteries toast. Tires 2005 and bad dry rot. Body damage and missing trim EVERYWHERE. One invertor fried, dash a/c non funtional and they even took the belt off the engine. Oil leak. Hyd fluid leak from hwh. Windshield cracked in multiple places, aqua hot non functional, keyless broken, cannot access two bays, front ac not working, ceiling cracks, and so on and so on. I think you get the idea. I called newell for 30 min and talked. They say $120k and 3 months just for water damage, delam, wood rot, new slide seals, not to mention the other 200 things wrong who knows how much more $$$$$. The buy it now is $148k. Its not worth $20k and I didnt offer anything. The coach is basically totaled, more to fix than its worth. It made me sick to see how that beautiful coach was treated!! The driver who occupied it was Tomas Scheckter / panther racing.......Shame!!

Just wanted to give you all a heads up.....
darstlawfirm is offline   Reply With Quote