Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Check Engine Light Issue?
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2001, 04:02 PM   #6
Elmer Hays

Otto,

Thanks for your response to our questons. Would have answered sooner but we just received today (sunday).
Our coach runs about 180 degrees to 185 degrees on the flats. In the Mountains it may go up to 200 or 210 thats when the check engine light comes on. When we peak out the temp gauge will go back down to the 180 or 185 but the light will not go out. We stop the engine and check radiator and it isn't hot.

We had our raditor rodded, cleaned and power washed when we purchased Coach. I own a power washer and I clean raditor after each trip so I'm sure the raditor isn't dirty.

We had the heat sensor in the engine replaced also have had Will Napier @ Diesel Equip check the computer. He found that the code does register that engine is hot but it wasn't. He called and talked to Paul who said if we had the cruse control on it would register hot but we were not running the cruse control.

We hope to see you on some of our trips and hope that both of our check engine lights are out by then. If not I may take a hammer AND KNOCK IT OUT and save $1749 LOL
Sincerely
Elmer Hays Lakeside, Az

Questions from Teck Talk Staff:
Is there a way to change the computer so it doesn't register hot when it isn't? Shouldn't the light go off when the temp drops back down? At what temp. does the computer think the engine is hot? We have owned this coach since 1998 and this has only started to happen the past six months.
Elmer Hays is offline   Reply With Quote