Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Hello from Alaska
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2014, 10:30 PM   #1
Narrowrd

Default Hello from Alaska

I just purchased coach #194, a 1989 40ft widebody, 100K on the clock. It was originally purchased by a gentleman and his wife in Michigan, then migrated down to AZ for the past 16 years.

At first blush it appears that everything is in good condition, although slightly neglected from lack of use. I will be searching this forum and others for any info on brakes, running gear, and motor, also will be taking into WWWiliams Detroit repair facility, have them do a visual inspection as well as oil samples. The coach has all original documentation, including invoice and blueprints. However, it lacks specific instructions on what "that switch does" and there are a lot of switches. Also, there are a lot of redundancies built in, trying to wrap my head around each is it's own headache. 110v compressor along with the Detroit powered compressor, dual water pumps, etc.

A few specific questions- I read somewhere the Newells had continuos roofs, mine is split in the middle. Is this a widebody thing?

ANybody have documentation on what switches of that vintage control?

Someone mentioned somewhere that the newer coaches are ditching LP in favor of electric. I can see going to an electric cooktop, but the LP heaters are kind of nice.

What systems are worth keeping, which are easier to just upgrade? The fridge seems to be rather a common upgrade, what about water softener, filters, macerator pump, etc?

ANy other advice would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Attached Images

Narrowrd is offline   Reply With Quote