Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Newell Battery Merge Switch Functionality?
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2010, 12:25 AM   #16
Neweller

Debbie and Rod, I'm not so sure there was a particular way on how they wired these. It should be easy to figure it out though. Just put it in the up or down position and it will trigger the merge solenoid, which on mine is in a panel at the rear outside of the coach. Some are located inside the engine compartment. Next turn the battery switch to the off position on the same panel for the one bank of batteries and see what position the switch will still trigger the solenoid. It will make a loud click sound, so you will need a second person. One of you up front doing the merge switching and one at the rear listening to the sound of the merge solenoid.

The battery bank that is actively supplying juice will be the one's that will correlate with that position of the merge switch while clicking back at the merge solenoid. The light on the dash should trigger in either position. likely the light is burned out and not working correctly.

Hopefully this will help you out.

I sent you a PM with my contact info in case you're still in a jamb.
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote