Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - chassis and structural differences between 1989 classic and 1990 series 2000
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 12:40 AM   #2
Neweller

Tom,

Note: Both of those years, there were actually both types of siding used on a couple of coaches. I recall hearing there were a couple smooth side '89's and at least one classic looking '90 (somebody just had to have the classic).

I'll try to answer your question best I can. From my inspection and knowledge of the two styles; the later classic vs. the series 2000, the structure is virtually the same. The only real difference would be to the front and rear where the series 2000 got snubbed frame horns to do away with the bumpers. The bumpers on the classic would definitely help prevent the chance of damage in some instances as there is not fiberglass front or rear panels. I have seen a few coaches with fiberglass cracks or chips in the lower valance areas on the series 2000, which is easily repaired compared to aluminum. A guy just has to take those things into account somewhat. The series 2000 started getting longer in length as well. Total length is bumper to bumper, so a 40' coach from version to version is off a foot of so.

The series 2000 appears to have a little more space in the upper wall cabinets since it is a little more squared off than the classic. Windshields are definitely less expensive on the classic.

Hopefully this what you wanted to know?
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote