Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Prevent Refrigerator Mold?
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 05:28 PM   #10
stewart33

Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON HUMMEL View Post
Try cinnamon oil. Just put a little at the bottom of a porcelain bowl, place the bowl in the fridge, blow a hair-dryer into the bowl on high hot, and close the door when you're finished. You'll never smell mold again, because it will be completely destroyed. Do it every 3 or 4 months, that should be enough. But wear a face mask or mouth covering--it's powerful stuff.
I've been meaning to give an update here in this thread but my mind wanders and I find new things to post or read about.

Gordon, I wanted to let you know we gave your idea of the hair dryer and cinnamon oil (we purchased the "Now Foods" brand oil) a try and it WORKED!...it worked amazingly! You're right make sure to wear a mouth covering/face mask because even with one on it's pretty darn strong.

I will wait a few months and see if I need to do it again but so far so good and it's been three weeks. Thanks again Gordon.

PS. The essential oil was $6.99 for 1oz and we used about 15-20 drops. A great inexpensive way to get rid of mold!
stewart33 is offline   Reply With Quote