Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Anyone considering RealWheels Corparation Aero Series Wheel Covers ??
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2012, 09:26 PM   #8
77newell

Ken: the issue as explained to me was that the wheel flexes as each part becomes loaded and unloaded during rotation. The larger than expected amount of flexing was enough to cause a wear problem where the outer edge of the cover touched the wheel. This was in spite of a thick plastic rub strip on the inside of the cover, which wore through in 5000 miles. The cover was screwed to a bracket on the hub which pulled the cover against the wheel.

RealWheels has just redesigned the cover and I'm told the interface between the cover and the wheel has been relocated and is "cushioned" differently. I can't say exactly how they have done but they did a lot of testing to make sure it didn't replicate the problems I and others with aluminum wheels had.

I would like to assure you that I'm still a fan of these covers, I have been treated very well by RealWheels and plan to buy new covers from them when I've upgraded to what comes next.
77newell is offline   Reply With Quote