Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Air leak help
Thread: Air leak help
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 08:13 PM   #2
GORDON HUMMEL

John,

I am unable to load your pictures for a better view.

I know my 91 pretty well, but I do not recognize what is in that picture. Some exhaust ports have a muffler type fitting that looks like the fuel filter element from the 50's.

My control valve for the generator slide was leaking so I just added a 3/8" ball valve as I don't open the gen very often

The leveling valve assembly is commonly called a six pack. The solenoids are replaceable @ +/- $125 ea from Newell. There is 3 O-rings, 2 to seal the brass base to the alum block, 1 internal O-ring and a seat that wears out & it not available separately. Sometimes the solenoid come loose from the block & leak. Try loosening the solenoid, by hand. If you can, that's your leak. If so, you can remove that nut on the end & remove the coil. You then can remove the valve assembly from the alum block. Clean the alum block & replace & see it the leaks persist. I have new O-rings; Just send me your address & I'll send you enough for all the valves. They're cheap, but you have to buy 100 ea.

This is probably the #1 issue of Newells of this vintage.

About 4 years ago, Richard did an excellent study of repairing these. It is somewhere on this forum, & is the bible on valve 6-packs
1991 41.5' #266
8v92
2009 Pontiac Vibe GT Toad
Fulltime on the road
GORDON HUMMEL is offline   Reply With Quote