Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - check engine light - loss of power
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2012, 11:05 PM   #1
Bill & Sonja

Default check engine light - loss of power

Hi Guys, I have a problem today. We pulled in here next to Brad at Senators Wash (outside Yuma) two weeks ago. The 8V92 ddeck1, was running beautifully. no concerns whatsoever. I started the motor a couple times while we were here and it ran fine. We replaced the starting batteries with new 8D's as the old ones had dead cells.

Now the problem:

Started the coach to leave today and it seemed to start a bit rough and the Yellow check engine light came on.

Seemed to run ok and all the gauges and levels were right where they should be (Oil was down 3/4 quart so I topped it off).

Drove 1/2 mile and shut it down for 1/2 hour and we phoned Newell. They suggested stopping in to a Detroit dealer for a code reading. Drove another 1/2 mile and there was no power, everything sounded fine, gauges were fine, but no power - and won't seem to build revs. Sounds like something is holding it back.

So, Brad had some spare fuel filters and we change both (only had 1500 miles on old ones) and when we took them off they were only about 1/2 full. We filled the new ones with dexron mercon and stuck em on. Engine fired up after a bit of cranking but sounded good.

Drove down the road a mile and no power. Turned around and back to Brads. While sitting in neutral we revved the engine up as high as 2000 and it sounded good. When it gets to high revves the check engine light flickers off and on but is primarily on.

Greatly appreciate any thoughts from the forum? And, anyone have any tips on a good Detroit mechanic or shop in Yuma area.

Thanks if you can help, Bill
Bill & Sonja is offline   Reply With Quote