Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - check engine light - loss of power
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2012, 01:58 AM   #13
Brad Townsend

Whew what a day to say the least.
I am not sure if Bill is up to the web tonight so I will try to up date.
Focusing on the low fuel in the filters we started to pull fuel lines and push compressed air through in case there was a blockage. Learned that the portion of the line that comes out of the tank and goes to the air water separators has a check valve a bout 2 feet from the tank side. This is why we could not get air to go from the air water separators to the tank. But was able to blow air from tank to the Separator. Thought that might have done the job. The fuel line from the engine to the separator was open no problem there. So connected everything back trying to fill the lines first and making sure the filters was full. It started and the engine light went out so we decided to go for a ride and as we started out the light came back on, we didn't get far before we new what we did was for not. We also noticed that the drivers side of the engine was hot but the passenger side was cold after running down the road and back. Hmm. Called Newell (Tom) he said it sounds like the DDEC need to be reset. I have a DDEC2 with breaker buttons but we could not find any on Bills, he has a DDEC1. So we tried disconnecting the positive wire on the battery to see if that may reset it, the engine fire right up instantly the light was out for about a minute then back to the same problem no power. Bill went to Yuma to talk to a detroit man which he seems that the problem may be a ground problem but that is for another day. This day ended around 5pm started around 9am. I am leaning towards the DDEC with only one side of the engine running. Thanks Tom for your offer on the reader that is very kind of you. We'll see what happens tomorrow. Wondering if anyone out there with a DDEC1 has been through this! I also would like to send a big thanks to Tom at Newell as it is evident they were concerned about this and had talked among themselves in an attempt to come up with an answer.
This is a great site and Newell is the Best "The Very Best"
1988 40 ft 8v92 TA
2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser,1990 Jeep Cherokee 4/WD now a desert rat
25 ft Haulmark trailer
730 watt solar panels, Full timing.
Brad Townsend is offline   Reply With Quote