Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Radiator Coolant
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2009, 04:30 PM   #9
fulltiming

Based on your comments about the blower being started manually, I presumed you were talking about the generator blower but I thought the Classics, at least up to about 1987 had an open grill in the front rather than using the side blower. As Richard points out, there is a blower on the main engine if you have a Detroit Diesel (6V92 or 8V92) which is causing some of the confusion for us.

The answer to some of Richard's questions would certainly help us, but to answer your last question, if you are talking about a generator blower, it is powered, at least on the 1990 and new models, by a 240 volt motor typically mounted above the generator blower. It is fed power directly from the generator. When the generator starts, the blower will run. You could disconnect the wires to the blower motor and plug them into a 240 volt source but it would be best to just start the generator and see if the blower starts spinning.

Is the reason for the suspected leak a loss of coolant or an overheating issue? My generator does not lose coolant. Every time I have checked it, it is full. My generator does not overheat either. It sits on 180 virtually all the time. If I am driving fast in very hot weather (over 105 degrees) with 3 or 4 basement airs on, it may move up slightly (190). Sitting still, even in 117 degree weather, it still sits on 180.

Now, if they were talking about the main engine blower, 1) it would have no impact on cooling, 2) it can not be turned manual without engine disassembly, and 3) the main engine will not start if it is not working.
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
8V92 DDEC-2, HT740
PT Cruiser GT with Remco Transmission Pump
https://newellowner.com/newell-photos/
fulltiming is offline   Reply With Quote