Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - what to look for
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2009, 02:36 PM   #5
prarieschooner

Good Advice! I will print this page and take it with me. My trip has been postponed a few days because I took some assignments and need the extra money for the repairs. This Coach has been sitting for at least 5 years and I will need to get some things up to speed.
The Tires are older with some Weather Checks showing up on the sidewalls, I plan to replace them ASAP. For now I would change the Steer Tires (front) so that I can get the Coach here to work on it. The Drive Tires will be replaced as funds allow but prior to any Trips.
I am sure that the Batteries are shot. My plan would be to replace the Starting Batteries for the Main and Generator and then make the trip home. The House Batteries can wait until the Coach is ready to use. The last I looked at it the AC Shore Power Cord was in poor condition and will require immediate replacement to get the AC System working properly and safely. I will take a good evaluation of the Charging Systems.
I am most concerned about the Air Ride Suspension, this was not working when the Coach was parked. I am going to post my questions regarding the Suspension at that forum but I feel I must correct this before I move it.
Thanks again for the advice,
Steve
prarieschooner is offline   Reply With Quote