Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Newell Rattles?
Thread: Newell Rattles?
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2005, 03:51 AM   #2
Bob Scott

David, when I saw your question posted I just had to respond. I hate squeeks, rattles or bangs and even wind noise when driving any vehicle. This is especially true of a high end motorhome. The lack of all these irritating noises is a major reason for driving a Newell. I have owned several brand X's as well as converting a couple of buses and it is very difficult to eliminate all these little gremlins. The folk at Newell have about as near a perfect solution as anyone in meeting the objective of a quiet coach. We currently own a 95 and previously owned an 86. Both have been very quiet. I keep telling my wife that if you hear any unusual noise, something is wrong. Doors and drawers need to be properly secured. Blinds need to be properly stowed,etc. One reason, in my opinion, why Newell is as successful as they are is the fact that they build everything from the ground up. The changes that they do make are gradual and are proven as they go along. Some of the other manufacturers introduce completely new models every year and guess who ends up proving whether all the new systems are good and work properly. If your thing is solving someone elses problems buy brand X. If you want something that's ready to use and enjoy buy a Newell. At least that's my opinion. Good luck shopping. Bob
Bob Scott is offline   Reply With Quote