Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Newell Rattles?
Thread: Newell Rattles?
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2005, 02:37 AM   #4
bfetters

We too have a 93 Newell (38')and on a trip to visit Bent's Fort we encountered a malfunction of our front axle air ride level valve. The front end went to system pressure and the ride went from smooth as glass to very buckboardish. My mother-in-law refers to our '86 Sportscoach as a bucket of bolts (actually quite quiet as motorhomes go) but admittedly no where near as quiet as our Newell. Even with the jackrabbit ride, we remained remarkably free of rattles. And that was without the blinds stowed (my mother-in-law wants them up to see, but only part way) and the grandkids have to have their's down with a window open inspite of the air conditioning. In my opinion it just does not get any better than a Newell. ~~~ As an aside, we encountered a U.S. Park Service employee at Bent's Fort who it turns out is the son of Newell Motor Coach founder L. K. Newell. We had an enjoyable conversation with the younger Mr. Newell about his father and mother as well as Newell Motor Coaches. If you travel near the area stop and look him up.
bfetters is offline   Reply With Quote