Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Buying a Newell
Thread: Buying a Newell
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 09:54 PM   #3
rheavn

Pat,
Welcome to the Newell family & the forum. You will find this a fantastic source of information and help. There is not many things that some one here hasn't done.

Not sure where you are in the midwest, but I have found the factory service department to be outstanding. They do every thing from preventative maintenance to a total update. Every thing I have had them do has been done in "Newell quality". Newell's service rate is less than a bus service center I have used here in Branson. When you take your coach to the factory you will deal with techs who know how your coach is wired and won't be experimenting on your dime. As to Newells being wiring nightmares--hogwash. This is my 5th different brand coach and working on my Newell has been the easiest.

I have owned coaches without slides and my same wife is still alive! We didn't go to slides because we were irritated from not having enough room, we just liked the idea of having a little more room. Slides are just a personal choice.

Newell advises changing the front tires every three years and the rears every five years. Looking at the outside of a tire is not a great way to evaluate a tire on an rv. You have no way to know if these great looking tires were ran with low air pressure, have interior rot, or how they were treated. Having suffered tire failures over 30+ years of rving I no longer take chances.

Putting side cameras on a Newell has been discussed. Might try a topic search if you are going to install them your self, otherwise call Newell.

Never had an extended warranty on any of my coaches, but I'm sure some one may know a source.

I'm sure you will be as thrilled with your new Newell, as we still are after two years. We can't wait to get back out in our Newell as we are currently in storage.