Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Radiant Floor Heating
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012, 12:17 AM   #4
Neweller

My next coach will surely have radiant heating. There are pros and cons to both electric and hydronic. Electric works best with hard stone surfaces and not well with heavy carpets or vinyl. Electric can be an issue if there is a break somewhere and the only course of repair is to pull the whole floor up and in a moving home like a motorcoach, that could arise. I prefer electric in a lot of applications in the home am too looking at the option for a coach. Hydronic has to have water moving through it, in order to function, so you need a hot water heater or boiler of sorts to manage water temps and movement. Hydronic will require more space between finish flooring and subflooring vs. electric. With hydronic as long as you have a source to heat water, you have heat, whether its helped through the engine, electricity via shore power or genset, and propane. Either way you go, I would recommend a secondary heat source.

There are some other things to note, but I'll let others chime in more.

Ken
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote