Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - SCS Basement Air problem and solution
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2011, 05:01 PM   #27
RussWhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewis and Clark View Post
The only issue I have is when the single unit and double unit is running for an extended period of time (2 to 3 hours) the breaker at the pole trips and is every hot. I switched poles but the same outcome. When the single unit and the low side of the double unit are running it will not trip the breaker.
The temp. is 96F outside and I am in the direct sun with no shade if that has anything to do with it.
The double unit it pulling 28 - 30 amps. and the single is pulling 16 - 17 amps.
Any thoughts?

Regards,
Nando
Then later you say "I have the gages above the driver’s seat that I can monitor the incoming volts and amps usage.
With the single and double unit running, line #1 reads 28-30 amps used and line #2 reads between 16-18 amps used. Voltage on both lines reads 120-125."

This is very puzzling and I am not sure what is going on. A good 50 amp breaker should carry continously most of its rating. Even at a very low 80% that is 40 amps all day long. So why does your breaker trip if you are actually below that amount. If I actually had the same situation as you are describing and I was sure of my current load I would opt to have a new double pole breaker installed. Most campground managers are willing to do this if you are in good standing. I did once have a problem and requested the change and got a less than enthusiastic response that he did not think it could be the breaker. After changing everything was back to normal and I even got an apology. Yes, I read where you tried another pedestal, but it is not for sure that breaker was in good repair either.

Tuga beat me to the advice for supporting the coach. It's a risk not worth taking.
Keep us posted.

Russ
RussWhite is offline   Reply With Quote