Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - dupree manual valve body cracked
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2012, 01:41 AM   #12
encantotom

i got the plast-aid in the mail and tonite i patched the broken piece and fixed the long crack in the side seam. i abs glued it first then built it up using the plast-aid.

i built up where the big chunk had broken out and built it up on the side quite a bit to give more strength where the screw hole needs to be drilled.

tomorrow i will file it on the inside and the top to make the valve fit down and seal. then i will silicone her up and see if it stays sealed.

this plast-aid sure drys fast. i used some acrylic black paint to dye it black when i mixed it and it is the same color as the valve.

i took some left over plast-aid after i mixed it up and used it to stick a penny standing up on a pvc plumbing fitting.

with my bare hands i cannot break the penny off the fitting. on their web site they bend it with a pair of pliers. i will have to try that.

i will take pictures tomorrow of what i did.

i did find a special rubber and stainless coupler that is small enough to fit in the gap if i end up having to replace the valve body. i hope i dont because it will be another 50 bucks...

later

tom

https://www.newellclassic.com/forum/album.php?albumid=8
encantotom is offline   Reply With Quote