Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Black water tank odor
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2010, 12:32 AM   #1
jmacstack

Default Black water tank odor

It's me Jennifer again, this time with a totally different question...for those of you following, I am still working on the battery issue. I'll let you know the outcome in a few days. Ok, onto the sewer gas smell! There is a very strong odor of sewer gas in the closet across from the head. I thought it was due to a particularly strong head wind(no pun intended) the other day coming back from camping and that is just not the case.

I took off the wood box that covers the vent pipe that runs through the closet hoping to find a crack or broken pipe. The vent pipe is not cracked and all joints look good, no broken pipes. I checked all fittings in the bay underneath and no problems there either. Any ideas? It seems odd that the vent on the roof is facing forward directly into the wind. It seems like this would cause wind to blow down the vent pipe. Why do I smell the odor in the closet across from the head? And, if the vent pipe was perpendicular to the wind I imagine a bottle effect might occur and might be rather noisy as I cruise down the road!

I am wondering if the odor control is switch in that bay is the answer. I've never used it and don't even know if it works or how it works. Why odor now and why in the closet? Thanks, Jennifer
1987 Newell, 40ft #143
DD 8V92 Silver
2010 Cannondale Tandem
No Name Tandem Mtn Bike
1973 Triumph GT6
2012 AWD 4-door Mini-Cooper
3 Ford Trucks
Just another fanatical motorhead
jmacstack is offline   Reply With Quote