Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Fuel
Thread: Fuel
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2011, 05:43 PM   #20
tuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaz View Post
hi the price of diesel in aussie is differant from town to town and state to state city to city,we are in albany western australia for a month or so fuel here is $1 60 aus or $1.73 us per litre x 3.8= i us gal in a city will be $1.5 aus ,accross the nullabour it was $1.95 aus up north in the pillbra up to $2.25 a litre,
we have been on the road in this newell now for 11 months had a few problems so just fix them and off again heading north next week so will throw another thousand dollars in the tank ,the big tank makes a differance when we drive past the exspensve servos

the amount of fuel we use is nothing ,when you compare it to the sights, sounds, smells ,the people we meet it is an amazing expereance

gaz suzie 1980 38 ft newell suzuki toad
and old dog
Gaz,

Am understanding your math correctly? $1.73 (US) per litre X 3.8 (litres in a gallon) would be $6.56 per gallon for diesel! Ouch!

I have another question: I have heard that in Australia the width of a motorhome can not exceed 96 inches. So a 102" Newell could not be legally driven on the Australian roads.

How much does it cost to ship a Newell from the US to Australia?

I would love to go to Australia one day. I have heard that it is beautiful. Maybe we could have a rally in Australia! That would be wild!
Coach #512
2005 Pilot
tuga is offline   Reply With Quote