Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Should Newell Quit Overbuilding Their Coaches?
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 10:19 PM   #7
MarkofSJC

That's what I love about the USA ~ products can be purchased to meet anyones' needs or desires.

I totally agree with Biker Bob...we, too, are inching towards a Newell (it's like a gravitational pull). Determined to "buy our last coach ~ first" every other coach we tour has some engineering compromises evident in multiple places. Will they matter? Depends on who you are asking...but they do to me!

The most immediately obvious thing is the size of windows. Is it me, or are most motor homes patterned after "Hummer" designs ~ more of a "turrent" than a window? Yes, it's expensive to keep a high "R" value of insulation with big windows, but I really want to see the surrounding area where I've driven days to get to! (and enjoy all the sites along the way!).

As for the mileage, if this were going to be a taxi cab rather than a home that transports itself from place to place, it would change my level of concern...but I'm not using it to go grocery shopping!

Just my point of view...
Mark
MarkofSJC is offline   Reply With Quote