Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Do Newell Break Down On The Road?
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2011, 09:09 PM   #1
MarkofSJC

Question Do Newell Break Down On The Road?

So imagine the setting.
We're going for our dream motor home on our very first purchase. My wife had previously had experiences as a child in her uncle's old "box on wheels" back in the '70's...and the most vivid memory she has is all the numerous times the motorhome would "break" ~ coming to a complete stop in the most inhospitable places (middle of the desert in summer, on the freeway at night, etc.).

"Coaches today are far better than those ones you experienced in the '70's" I said. I think I had her almost convinced...until she watched "Kate + 8" where "they" (3 adults, 13 kids and a camera crew) go for a 14 day tour of the U.S. in two (2) RVS. I won't debate the fact that 8+ people per motor home is insanity, but in 14 days, both original motorhomes had massive failures (one had to be replaced), and even the replacement had a major issue that grounded it for a day. That's not mentioning her litany of "minor" problems while traveling...broken refrigerator door (?), microwave & TVs failed, loss of generator leaving them with no AC, the list goes on. So you can imagine the look my wife gives me as this unfolds...certainly didn't seem reliable! (I noticed they were rented from "ALL STAR" rentals ~ but none of them were Newells...so I'm hoping the story is different.)

So my question to all Newell owners is...How many breakdowns have you had in "X" years of ownership, and how much did they affect your trip and your pocket book?
MarkofSJC is offline   Reply With Quote