Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Do Newell Break Down On The Road?
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2011, 12:00 AM   #4
rheavn

Mark,
I'm on my fifth coach in 30 years of motorhoming. I have put on close to 1/2 million miles in that time. I have broken down only one time that required a tow from the side of the road. The fuel pump seized and the engine stopped. It was repaired & I was back on the road in two days. This could happen to any one at any time, but this type of failure is rare and not a coach quality issue.
When I buy a coach I give myself two years to work out the little issues that may be in the coach and learn the different functions of the coach's systems. I have found the Newell systems to be straight forward & I feel totally comfortable with the coach even though I have only owned it for 1 1/2 years. The issues that the coach had when I purchased it I have been able to make the repairs myself. Right now every single system works as designed.
Since I purchased my coach I have put 25,000 miles on it. In those miles the only issues I have had that required repair was I seized a a/c compressor(was able to continue on using genset & roof airs) and a weld broke, which was easily repaired. I just returned from a 4,000 mile trip to the northeast. Upon my return I did not have a single thing to fix.
To give you and your wife more confidence in your purchase Newell is great to work with after purchase. The 24 hr/365 ability to contact Newell for assistance is wonderful. Also I assume you are looking to buy coach #1227 which would qualify for Newell's two year warranty. By the way I saw that coach at Newell in June and it is a real head turner.

Good Luck.................