Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Do Newell Break Down On The Road?
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2011, 02:29 AM   #7
tuga

In 20 years of owning Newells (3) I broke down once. An air line burst when we pulled over for a rest stop. I disconnected the tow car, drove to the next exit and found a little truck repair shop. I told the guy I had an air leak and I couldn't put the transmission in gear. He grabbed a tray full of air fittings and off we went. In 15 minutes he spliced a new air hose in the air line that burst. He charged $100 - I thought that was fair.

Since then I carry quick connect air hose connectors in 1/4" and 3/8" and some extra air hose of each size. You don't even need any tools to repair an air hose leak; just a sharp pocket knife.

I had 3 flat tires, but I would count that as a break-down.

I had a leaking hydraulic hose repaired at Bus Group in Slidell, LA. They did a crappy job of installing a new hyraulic fitting. On the first trip we took it burst and drained hydraulic oil in the truck stop. We were still able to travel, but we could not extend the rear slide.

I try not to call Newell emergency service too much. I try to figure things out and call them as a last resort.
Coach #512
2005 Pilot
tuga is offline   Reply With Quote