Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Engine Batteries acting like they are weak
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2011, 02:01 AM   #38
Summersgal

Default Coach now Starting

I want to thank everyone for the replies and the offers to help. I spoke with Tom and Richard tonight and after going over everything that I had done, they asked me to take a few more checks with my volt meter and record my readings. As I was trying to get a good spot on the negative post of the starter, I noticed the negative cable coming from the starter batteries laying right underneath the negative post of the stater. I guess in my hast to re-install the starter the other day, I hooked the braided cable from the engine block, but failed to hook up the negative cable coming from the batteries. I hooked this cable up and the starter spun like a top and the engine started right up. I am assuming my original problem was the loose nut on the positive terminal on the starter solenoid to the starter. When I re-installed the starter and inadvertently left the negative cable off the negative post on the back of the starter, is what caused the rest of my problems. Though I am embarrassed by making such a silly mistake, I am happy the starter is fine and everything seems to working well now.

Thanks again

Jeff
Coach #432
Summersgal is offline   Reply With Quote