Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - SCS Basement Air problem and solution
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2011, 12:43 AM   #3
RussWhite

"We installed it and it works perfectly with one change. The old system had a 2 stage fan and this fix can only have 1 stage fan, which, because we're in Florida, we chose high."

I think you probably lost a little more than just the low speed of the evaporator fan. The controls were designed to limit the compressors to only stage 1 when the fan speed switch was in the low position. This is explained in the manuals for the air conditioner and can be handy if one is trying to manage power consumption.

I did purchase a spare thermostate from Newell that was advertised as a replacement for the originals in my coach, but actually lacked the low speed fan option just as your replacement does. At least it works on 12vdc. I have tested it and know how to connect it should the need arise in the future.

"Also, before my tech came for the final time, I made access to the basement ac on both sides by cutting out large access holes (covered by new aluminum panels with 4 screws). When he checked out the compressors, one had a burnt wire."

This is interesting. So you found a way to access the compressors without removing the air handler, is that right? If so, I sure would be interested in your posting a picture of where you cut the access panel.

Thanks, Russ '99 #530
RussWhite is offline   Reply With Quote