Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - SCS Basement Air problem and solution
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2011, 12:42 PM   #19
RussWhite

Nando,

Well the second time was the charm and I am glad they got your board fixed.

I need you to answer a few questions before I can give any thoughts.

I understand the outside temperature and your lack of shade - makes sense that this would require most is not all of your coach's cooling ability.

Do you have two SCS basement units, each with two compressors? That is my setup. If so, these are two stage units with identical compressors and two speed fans. When second stage cooling is called for - and that happens anytime there is more than a two degree difference between actual and setpoint temperatures, both compressors run and both fans run on high speed. This assumes you have the thermostat set for fan high.

Now the fans draw about 2 to 3 amps on low and 4-5 on high. Each compressors draws around 11 - 12 amps. So one unit running on high is in the neighborhood of 27 amps or so.

With that I need to know what kind of service you have at your power pedestal. If it is just a single phase 30 amp service you are obviously in big trouble and the breaker tripping is just what it is designed to do. But, if you have two phase 50 amp service we need to dig a little deeper as that should support two units on high assuming you do not have any other big loads at the same time. My coach is interlocked such that I cannot run my airs with the AquaHot on electric as this with other loads could trip even a fifty amp service.

Get back to me with a little more detail and we will go from there. Russ
RussWhite is offline   Reply With Quote