Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Headliner is Sagging
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2013, 01:00 AM   #3
Neweller

Great information there Mike. Jeff it is very similar to what Mike has explained but on the Classics it it easier than it looks. You should not have the brass trim or

cloth like Mikes since his is in the 2000 Series body. The older classics have more of a bow to the ceiling and have tack vinyl tack strips like every 4 feet and also

along the edges as you probably have already figured out. If you look real close you will realize that there is a vinyl insert in the middle of those tack strips and you

will have to take something with a flat blade like a very skinny screwdriver or preferably a plastic little handheld wedge tool to pop the insert open. The insert should

just hinge to one side and you will just remove it all the way down the run of the tack strips. Then you will see the crown staples Mike is referring to. You can

actually carefully remove the staples, sometimes you can pull the vinyl tack strip out with the staple and then remove the staples while sitting or standing without

doing it overhead. Then you can tighten the headliner as needed then tack staple it while it's held tightly in place. Replace the tack strip evenly of course

re-stapling it and then push the insert back into place.

Hopefully you can understand what I'm explaining here. I don't know if I have any pictures from one of the coaches I worked on in the past or if the pictures are long lost with thousands of others from an old computer virus. I wish I would have uploaded them to this forum database so they would be here for everyone's benefit.
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote