Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Roof or Basement Aircon
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012, 02:38 PM   #7
tuga

I have the SCS basement ACs in my coach. Since I have re-wired the circuit boards (thank you Russ White) I have not had any trouble. Prior to re-wiring the circuit boards I had a good bit of trouble.

A tech at Newell told me that 80% of the problems that you will have with SCS basement ACs will be from the circuit boards. Russ White is an electrical engineer and he advised me to put a heavier wire with better connections on my AC circuit boards. According to him the size wire used by SCS was too small and couldn't carry the loads. Also the connections were basically crap!

I have been told by an aquaintence on another forum that ANY parts that are in the SCS basement AC can be easily replaced. Any good AC supply house can sell you a new compressor, fan motor, even an evaporator or condensor coil.
The reason that you hear so much flak about "we can't find parts" is the repair shop doesn't want to fool with it. They are interested is selling you a NEW unit.

Air conditioning units are basically all the same and parts can be found with just a little effort; often at much less cost than replacing an entire roof AC. Try this site: http://www.americanhvacparts.com/?ib...FQ-c7QodIGoAxw

Just my .02
Coach #512
2005 Pilot
tuga is offline   Reply With Quote